Company Name: Absa Group
1. Internal Auditor: Finance & Tax
2. Specialist Solutions Analyst-Payments & Settlement
- Absa group is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 15 countries.
- We own Banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (Absa Bank Tanzania and National Bank commerce), Uganda, and Zambia as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya Mozambique, South Africa, and Zambia.
- We also have representative offices in Zambia, Nigeria, and securities entities in the United Kingdom and in the United States as well as an IT specialist in the Czech Republic.
- Our purpose is to bring possibilities to life.
- We believe everyone should have access to the transformative power of financial services to help them plan, dream, and aspire to change their lives for the better
- We believe in growth that is sustainable, which serves to benefit the generation of our customers, employees, and our communities on our continent in the world at large.
- Every day, we look for opportunities to engage candidates.
Job Description: Internal Auditor: Finance & Tax
- To monitor the risk profile of the business and execute audit assignments in accordance with the group Audit plan and internal Audit Methodology.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant Finance and Tax stakeholders by attending continuous stakeholder meetings.
- Candidate must engage closely with stakeholders during assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with businesses on the risks associated with their government.
- Keep the audit team up to date on key accountings, legislation, and policies relating to the finance and tax functions.
- The role entails the preparation of accurate tax technical; policy and process documents and providing solutions to any tax-related issues that arise as well as being a trusted advisor to senior management mainly within the short and long-term insurance business.
- To support business/services area leadership in the implementation of strategic plans through the effective management of teams.
- To support the partner in the delivery of services to the client’s premises on specific delegated engagements and projects.
Job Description: Specialist Solutions Analyst-Payments & Settlement
- Candidate must work as a part of a team, leverage specialist analysis & testing tools, frameworks, techniques, and practices to elicit and define and organize business requirements.
- Candidate must work collaboratively within squads during design & delivery activity including assuming responsibility for the manual application testing process.
- Define testing requirements (pass or fail test cases).
- Support the development of detailed business cases including defining solution characteristics and effort estimations.
- Candidate must facilitate resolution during development and testing phases for any change requirements
- Candidate must provide coaching and mentor across the team as well as to developing analysts across the estate.
- Candidate must peer and review and problem solving within and across the broader team.
Job responsibilities and skills:
- Candidate must be keeping up to date with industry trends, regulatory changes, and professional standards.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating risk, and escalating any relevant issues to stakeholders, CFO, Finance, and business team.
- Every day candidate’s work will make an impact that matters.
- Candidate thrives in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance
- Organized and self-driven
- Language must be fluent in English
- Good analytical skills
- Computer knowledge
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Active Listening skills
- Good Communication skills
- Telephonic skills
- Guest Relations
- Ability to speak English Fluently and one other African Language.
Qualifications for the Post of: Internal Auditor: Finance & Tax
- Bcom Accounting / Finance/ tax
- CA (SA) advantageous
- 2 years experience in risk management or audit
- Audit / Risk management experience in the finance and Tax Function
- Service-focused personality is essential; Experience is an asset.
- Tax compliance experience is essential
- Long and Short Term Insurance Tax is a must
- The credit points will be given to those who have 1 to 2-year experience in a specific sector within the firm.
Qualifications for the Post of: Specialist Solutions Analyst-Payments & Settlement
- Bachelor‘s Degree: Information Technology
- Candidate must have experience of 1 to 2 years.
- Service-focused personality is essential.
- Good people skills and be able to liaise professionally and effectively on all levels
- Empathy and patience in dealing with
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Following up and providing feedback
- Risk and Quality management.
- Sustain Profitability.
- Managing work (Including time management)
- Talent Management.
- Must be active to contribute to the business of all aspects.
- Strategic Impact: The candidate must support the team in the delivery of designated engagement.
- Budget/Profitability: The candidate must manage the budget through correct budgeting cost and also candidate must control profitability management.
- Development / Growth of Team: The candidate must be an expert while sharing knowledge with the team members.
- Kindly note that this job advertisement provides a summary of capabilities that are required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
- COVID-90 Vaccination is mandatory because of reducing the likely hood of serious illness, death, and infection
Vacant Position For the post of Internal Auditor: Finance & Tax: 30
Vacant Position For the post of Specialist Solutions Analyst-Payments & Settlement: 30
How to apply:
- Kindly read all the terms and conditions before applying for this post.
- The candidate must be a National of South Africa.
- Applications for the mentioned post are invited for Both Male and Female.
- Candidate must have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Only online applications will be considered.
- By-hand submission of the application will not be considered.
- An incomplete application or missing data or information will not consider and the application will be rejected.
- The eligible candidates are advised to submit the online application with the required information the link for the online application is given below.
- By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write, and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
- To discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com
- Candidate should submit online application
|Company Name:||Absa Group|
|Job Location:||7th floor, Absa Tower west 15 Troye Street Johannesburg Gauteng, South Africa|
|Job Function||1. Accounting / Auditing and Finance2.Information Technology|
|Industry||Banking and Finance Services|
|Country ISO Code:||ZAF|
|Regional ISO Code:||South Africa|
|Web Site||[email protected]|
|Currency ISO Code||ZAR|
|Value||80k to 95k ZAR|
|Employment Type||Full time|